Police Department - General Information


(For the Administrative Office Hours, click here to be redirected)

The Lower Salford Township Police Department is a 24/7 operation. The Police Department Administrative Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. The Police Administrative Office is closed for national holidays.

In need of a Police Crash Report? Please click the link below to crashdocs.org. This website, sponsored by CarFax, will walk you through the steps you need to obtain your specific report. www.crashdocs.org

Parking ticket fines ($15) may be paid in person at the office, or by mail, within seven (7) days of the violation. If you fail to respond to a parking ticket, a traffic citation will be filed in District Court and a summons will be mailed to you. If you wish to contest a parking ticket, simply wait for the summons in the mail.

POLICE DEPARTMENT: Traffic and Non-Traffic Citations
Citations cannot be paid at the police department office. You may plead guilty by sending the appropriate fine and costs to the District Court listed on the citation. To request a hearing on any citation, you may plead not guilty on the citation and submit the request to District Court. District Court 38-1-24 is located at 840 Harleysville Pike, Suites 2 & 3, Harleysville, PA 19438, and their office personnel can be reached at (610) 584-4732.

Traffic and Vehicle Frequently Asked Questions
Use the link below to help answer Frequently Asked Questions. Many other links are also provided to get you answers to your traffic safety and vehicle questions.

Wondering what you can and can't do? Please see the linked page below regarding buying and setting off fireworks in Pennsylvania:


Soliciting and Vendor Permits
A permit is required by ordinance for door-to-door solicitations. Applications may be obtained in person at the Police Department office or requested by email, or by clicking the link below. Each individual desiring to solicit must provide their own criminal history report from the applicant's home state. The report cannot be more than 6-months old. This must be done before a permit can be approved and issued. The fee for each permit is $25 and will be valid for a three month period. Permit fees for charitable organizations will be waived. LINK TO SOLICITATION PERMIT APPLICATION

Identity Theft
Identity theft occurs when someone uses your personal information such as your name, date of birth, or social security number to commit a fraud. If you are the victim of identity theft, contact the fraud department of all three major credit-reporting bureaus. As a victim, you can obtain a copy of your credit report for free.

Other agencies that may assist you according to the circumstances include:
  • Social Security Administration at 1-800-269-0271 or www.ssa.gov if your social security number was compromised.
  • United States Postal Inspection Service if your mail has been stolen or someone has changed your address. Mail Fraud Information
  • Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-438-4338 or http://www.consumer.ftc.gov for information on identity theft.
  • Contact your local police department as soon as you discover that you have been the victim of fraud.

Top of page